Martin has worked on a number of local
and international projects, including M&A
and corporate law matters, real estate
and due diligence investigations.
He regularly advises clients on competition law matters and capital markets transactions.
Martin joined White & Case in 2017.
Bars and courts
Slovak Bar Association (koncipient)
- Master’s Degree, Faculty of Law, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak republic
- Master’s Degree, University of Economics, Bratislava,
- Erasmus Programme, ISCTE – Lisbon University Institute
- Advising Smithfield Foods, Inc., one of the world’s largest meat producers,
on its acquisition of the Mecom Group meat processing company from the Penta Investment Group.
- Advising PPF on its $2.1 billion acquisition of CME, which owns TV companies
in five CEE countries, including Slovakia.
- Providing legal advice to Slovenský plynárenský priemysel, a.s., a major player in the Slovak energy industry, in connection with the creation of a joint venture between it and ČEZ ESCO, a.s., a major foreign partner, aimed at the provision of energy efficiency services.
- Advising on the acquisition of three properties owned
by members of a real estate group located in Bratislava
by an Austrian commercial real estate company.
- Assisting a client with selected aspects of its contemplated acquisition of the gas and electricity business customer portfolio of a Slovak subsidiary of one of the main energy players in CEE. In particular, the advice was related to the structuring and competition law aspects of the transaction, including representation in the merger clearance procedure.
- Advising Slovenský plynárenský priemysel, a.s.,
a leading gas supplier,
in connection with the establishment of a full function joint venture with ČEZ ESCO, a.s., a leading provider of energy efficient services, including the due diligence of companies contributed to the JV.
- Advising DZ BANK AG, acting as the technical lead manager and our client
for billing purposes, together with Commerzbank AG and Landesbank
Baden-Württemberg (the joint lead managers),
in connection with the Slovak law aspects of the issue
of covered bonds under
the covered bond programme of Prima Banka Slovensko, a.s. (Slovakia).
- Advising Barclays Bank Ireland PLC, Natixis, Tatra banka, a.s. (a member of Raiffeisen Bank International) and UniCredit Bank Czech Republic and Slovakia, a.s. as lead managers in connection with the issuance of €1.5 billion 0.375 % notes due in 2036.