Juraj is the managing partner of Aldertree, the head of our M&A, corporate and capital markets practice teams. His more than 20 years of experience
with the negotiation of complex agreements,
spans several industrial and service sectors,
including mergers and acquisitions, corporate
matters, greenfield investments, securities
offerings, regulatory and financial institutions
advisory and employment.
He has worked on numerous major domestic
and cross-border M&A and corporate projects
across the full range of transaction types and
asset classes. He also has significant experience
in greenfield investments and real estate
development projects for clients in the automotive, energy, telecom, logistics, office space and industrial production sectors and in PPP projects. He also has unique expertise and resources to deal directly with all of the issues related to obtaining investment incentives and significant investment status.
Juraj is also a widely acclaimed capital markets
and bank finance expert in Slovakia.
He has worked on a wide range of international
and domestic securities and capital markets
transactions, including government, corporate,
as well as covered bonds and IPOs.
Juraj is also familiar with many aspects of fund
transactions, as he has advised institutional
investors in this area of law with the structuring
of their investments, investment-related issues
in their portfolios and related regulatory issues.
Ranked as the only lawyer in the Hall of Fame for Banking, Finance and Capital MarketsThe Legal 500, 2020 - 2022
Ranked among Leading Individuals for Commercial, Corporate and M&AThe Legal 500, 2020 – 2022
Ranked among Next Generation Partners for EmploymentThe Legal 500, 2022
Ranked as Market Leader for M&AIFLR 1000, 2020 – 2022
Ranked as Band 2 for Banking & Finance. One client notes that he is “very skilled, thorough and has great attention to detail.”Chambers and Partners, 2022
Ranked as Band 3 for Corporate/M&A. Clients state “He is known for his diligent approach and strong work ethic.”Chambers and Partners, 2021 – 2022
Bars and courts
Slovak Bar Association (advokát / Attorney)
- Faculty of Law, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovak republic
LanguagesSlovak, English, German, Czech
- Providing Vaillant GmbH with comprehensive legal advice in connection with
its EUR 120 million greenfield
in Slovakia for the
construction of a production plant focused on the production of heat pumps.
- Advising Wood & Company, a.s., the leading investment bank in emerging Europe, on its acquisition in a joint-venture with Tatra Asset Management,
správ. spol., a. s. of a majority stake in AUPARK a.s. the operator of the Aupark Bratislava shopping centre, from Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, a leading global developer and operator
of premium retail assets. The €450 million deal is the largest ever real estate acquisition in the Slovak market.
- Representation of BNP Paribas, Landesbank Baden-Württemberg and Raiffeisen Bank International AG as Joint Lead Managers and Banco de Sabadell, S.A. as Co-Manager on the issuance
of €300 million Green
and MREL Eligible Fixed
to Floating rate Notes
of Tatra banka, a.s. due
2028, which are admitted
to trading on the Bratislava Stock Exchange. This was the first ever green bonds issuance of notes in the Slovak Republic as well as the first publicly syndicated senior ESG MREL bond in CEE.
- Representation of Barclays Bank, Citigroup Global Markets Limited, Deutsche Bank AG, HSBC and Všeobecná úverová banka, a.s. , a member of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group
(in association with Banca IMI), as lead managers, on the Slovak Republic’s Reg S double tranche issuance of €2 billion 0.250% notes due 2025 and €2 billion 1.000% notes due 2032. With an overall value of €4 billion,
the largest sovereign bond issuance by a Central
& Eastern European issuer.
It also generated the largest demand from the investor community
in the history of Slovak sovereign bond issuance – more than €15 billion.
- Advising the Ministry of the Economy of the Slovak Republic and MH Invest s.r.o., a company wholly-owned by the Ministry of Economy of the Slovak Republic, in connection
with the preparation, arrangement, negotiation and implementation of Jaguar Land Rover’s huge investment into a new car
in a strategic park in Nitra. The total investment amounts to €1.4 billion and will result
in the creation of approximately 3,000 new jobs.
- Representing NFŠ and Tehelné in connection
with the development
of the National Football
Stadium in Bratislava.
- Advising PPF on its $2.1 billion acquisition of CME, which owns TV companies
in five CEE countries, including Slovakia.
- Representing International Automotive Components Group Europe S.a r.l.,
an automotive interiors technology company,
on its investment project
in Slovakia, which was
to its new JV project
entity, Auria Solutions.
- Representing HB Reavis Group in connection with
its EUR 120 million disposal of Twin City Tower, prime mixed-use real estate
in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Assisting Faurecia, a significant worldwide supplier of automotive parts, in relation to the sale of its Slovak Automotive Exteriors division to Plastic Omnium, the world leader
in the area of automotive exterior components.
Further assisted Faurecia with the sale
and lease back of its production facility
in Hlohovec, including its subsequent expansion.
- Representation of Citi and J.P. Morgan (who acted as financial advisers and joint global coordinators)
in connection with the
dual-track sale of a 49%
stake in Slovak Telekom
by the Slovak Republic.
The sale process was run
in parallel as an IPO with
on the London Stock
Exchange and the Bratislava
Stock Exchange and a direct
sale. At the time of pricing
the IPO, the transaction
was converted into an M&A
transaction and concluded
as a direct sale of the shares
to Deutsche Telekom AG,
Slovak Telekom’s controlling
shareholder, for a consideration of approximately €900 million.
- Advising Allianz-Slovenska poisťovňa, a leading universal insurance company in Slovakia, on its acquisition of the Slovak branch of D.A.S. Rechtsschutz AG
(or Ergo Group), a leader
in the provision of legal
- Representing HenQ Capital Partners 4E B.V. in connection with its investment in CloudTalk s.r.o., a Slovak-based startup that is creating call center software. HenQ also acquired a minority ownership interest
- Advising Smithfield Foods, Inc., one of the world’s largest meat producers,
on its acquisition of the Mecom Group meat processing company from Penta Investment Group.